Put on the brakes!

Everyone that knows me knows that I am a huge passenger driver. Being in the Middle East, I have been challenged by this. These people drive like crazy people in my book! I don't think they know what a street sign even is. Also, they have perfected the honking of a horn. It is used more over here as a "Hey! I'm coming! Don't walk in the road!" and "Keep it moving!" They pull out in front of people and expect them to stop, and they do! Just because it's a two lane doesn't mean that it won't be a four lane at times. They pass and move around at the most random times but in their book it's normal. People will cross the street when there are three cars coming and walk with ease. I have heard tires squeal and expect a crash afterwards but I have yet to hear the crash. Im amazed that there aren't wrecks more often. One lesson that I will take with me is to have less road rage and just be happy that your car is able to continue moving on down the road. The organized chaos works for them here in Jordan. However, I would have already cried and been in a wreck.

Comments

Popular Posts